Joom Marketplace is a platform for shopping from all over the world. Joom Marketplace helps consumers to make shopping easy and entertaining and provides access to high-quality goods from around the world.
Joom Marketplace is one of the key businesses of Joom, an international group of e-commerce and fintech companies that was founded in 2016 in Latvia. Joom also includes the following businesses: Onfy, a pharmaceutical marketplace in Germany; Joompay, a fintech service for daily financial transactions in Europe; Joom Logistics, a business that provides logistics, technology, and infrastructure services for cross-border eCommerce; JoomPro, a platform for cross-border wholesale trade. Joom offices are located in Latvia, China, the USA, Germany, Luxembourg, and Russia.
At the end of 2021, we started onboarding sellers from India, and within less than half of the year, they are showing quite impressive growth, aiming to become the #2 top origin on the platform by the end of the year. Indian market offers quite a wide range of good quality and unique products, like jewelry, cosmetics and etc.
We are now looking for a Business Development Manager to establish relationships with the Indian merchants and build merchant recruitment processes.
- Build and manage a merchant recruitment pipeline
- Identify and negotiate partnerships with leading Indian marketplace channel partners
- Design a data-driven sales lead evaluation process based on estimated demand, inventory quality, price competitiveness, and category competition
- Coordinate closely with the Merchant Services team to ensure a smooth merchant transition onto the Joom marketplace
- Gather, prioritize, and communicate new partnership requests to the Merchant Services team
- Participate in industry conferences to establish Joom as a leading B2B partner in India
- Prepare presentations and other marketing materials that clearly communicate partnership opportunities for merchants & relevant strategic channel partners with Joom
- Effectively handle and resolve merchant concerns and support issues
- Communicate relevant merchant complaints or inquiries to product managers.
- 2-5 years of sales experience in a technology firm and/or business development experience
- Native-level or advanced Hindi
- High level of proficiency in English;
- Good communication skills
- Analytical mindset
- Strong relationship-building skills, impactful personal presence, comfortable presenting in front of various types of audiences
- Flexibility and ability to work autonomously in a demanding and uncertain environment
- Strong Excel skills
- Merchant/business development experience at a top-tier eCommerce marketplace
- Knowledge of the online shopping industry, with experience in CPA, CPM, and CPC models
- Knowledge of other languages popular in India
We are offering
- Flexible working hours, hybrid model, annual vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Personal development: professional events, workshops, English classes, corporate library
- Annual team retreats: we cherish opportunities to meet in person for company get-togethers