Joom is an international group of eCommerce and fintech companies founded in 2016 in Latvia.
Joom currently includes the following businesses: Joom Marketplace, a platform for shopping from all over the world; Onfy, a pharmaceutical marketplace in Germany; Joompay, a fintech service for daily financial transactions in Europe; Joom Logistics, a business that provides logistics, technology and infrastructure services for cross-border eCommerce; JoomPro, a platform for cross-border wholesale trade. Joom offices are located in Latvia, China, Hong Kong, the USA, Germany, Luxembourg, and Russia.
Now we are looking for Financial Controller for our new Chinese office in Shenzhen.
- Lead month-end closing process and drive on-time and quality closure
- Review account reconciliation and sign off the balance sheet
- Maintain local accounting policies, procedures, standards, and templates, and provide technical accounting support where needed
- Manage bank payments with local banks and maintain relationships with the local banks under close monitoring of centralized Group Function
- Communication/facilitation with tax consultants under close monitoring of the centralized Group Function
- Ensure control effectiveness and keep enhancing the control environment in China
- Support Business projects from a financial and accounting perspective
- Preparation of meeting documents (Reviews, BoD, etc.)
- Ad Hoc tasks depending on requirements
- Minimum 3 years of successful work experience in similar functions in international companies. Big4 experience will be a plus.
- Working knowledge of Chinese and international finance law and regulatory standards (PRC GAAP, IFRS)
- University degree in accounting/business
- Fluent English is a must, Chinese is a must
- Target-focused, ability to work independently, logical thinking and analytical skills combined with the ability to work under time pressure
We are offering
- Flexible working hours, hybrid model, and 15 days of paid annual leave
- Joom company stock options package
- Extended health insurance, including dental care coverage
- Personal development: professional events, workshops, English classes, corporate library
- Free breakfasts and lunches in the office
- Annual team retreats: we cherish opportunities to meet in person for company get-togethers